Creativity is the champion of all content nowadays. And it’s because no one can take away from the creative value you add to your work. That is why today’s digital world is transitioning toward creative solutions. This applies to portfolio creation too. It doesn’t matter if you are an advertising company, a photography venture, or both; what matters the most is that you have an online video portfolio to distinguish you from your competition.
If you’re a freelancer, you’d already know how important portfolios are. A good portfolio is essentially your guarantee of scoring a great project. Similarly, as the owner of a creative agency or marketing agency, portfolios help you gain better and bigger clients. It is why you need a video portfolio that is more than just words blotched on a paper.
What is a portfolio, and why do you need a video portfolio?
So for those of you who need clarification on a portfolio and its purpose, let’s have a quick recap.
In simple terms, portfolios are a collection of your entire work that you have done or are doing. In today’s time, the importance of a portfolio has increased, and so has its demand. Clients want to see the marketing agency’s portfolios to have a better view of the work and know the level of work they do.
This is where a video portfolio can help you win them over. Instead of scrolling through the entire folder and looking at every work separately, it is better to have a video play in front of you with all the work creatively appearing one after the other.
Following are the benefits of an online video portfolio:
It is a professional and creative way of distinguishing your work.
You would be scrolling to every task you have completed in a normal situation and then awkwardly waiting for the viewer to say next. Video portfolio eliminates this interaction and gives the viewer an experience of their own.
In this way, creative video portfolios happen to put a great first impression on potential clients, making them realize your professional attitude and work ethics.
Helps in increasing viewership and visibility
People are more interested in viewing various videos and benefit from them. Moreover, videos can be updated on all platforms and leaves the hassle of uploading files separately and repeatedly; they also remove the issue of sharing external drives.
There is just one video that needs to be updated, a little intro, and that’s it.
Easy uploading and sharing options
Creating and sharing an online video portfolio is convenient for everyone, especially for creative agencies. Since they have a lot of work that they need to showcase, videos are easy to create. They can compile all the work they have worked on in a particular video or even edit it according to their requirements.
So, to help you identify the best ones, we have listed down some of the best options that you could use to create an online video portfolio that will come in handy for not just all the creative agencies but for individual use.
You must have heard about Wix. Their advertisements about building your website don’t go unnoticed, after all. But what you might not know is that Wix is an excellent platform to create your video portfolio.
- Wix provides its users with unlimited video portfolio templates.
- There are numerous templates that you can choose from as per your requirement and need.
- Wix allows the user to upload high-resolution videos on their website.
- There are options to customize the videos as well, like the frame rate and the player size.
- By adding the video’s description, you can help improve the SEO of the website as well.
- It has the feature for advanced contact forms. These advanced contact forms can help the owner get the necessary information and use it to their advantage.
Another fantastic website for creating online video portfolios is Squarespace. Squarespace was able to gain popularity among the videographers because it provided a lot of templates to them to showcase their work.
- Squarespace has a vast list of customized templates.
- It provides users with the option to get their portfolios viewed separately.
- The user can also choose the autoplay option. In this way, you can watch the videos easily without being distracted.
- There is a gallery that can be created just for videos. Add all the relevant portfolio videos, and there you go.
- You can customize your video gallery. Have the videos stacked up or in the form of a carousel.
- The paid plans contain multiple features like search engine optimization, unlimited storage, and even mobile optimization.
WordPress is one of the most famous and widely used content management systems. It is used to create personalized websites for either blogging or even eCommerce businesses making it an excellent option for online video portfolios.
- Several themes are video-specific. So there is not a lot of customization required as the entire theme can be video-specific.
- SEO features that help you improve your website and the videos ranking on search engines.
- There are times that the video embedded on a website does not play on the system due to a lack of some plugins. In WordPress, multiple video options might minimize problems that are related to playing videos.
Honestly, Weebly is the best option for the online video portfolio. And that’s because it is an amalgamation of all the best and unique features that all the websites offer separately.
- Weebly has its pro plans where the storage is unlimited.
- You can add as much content and videos that you want to add.
- The templates in Weebly are comparatively less than those present on other websites, but the user can customize them entirely according to their need.
- Add forms, multiple galleries; it lets you do anything.
- Along with providing the essential SEO tools to help you grow, Weebly also gives you access to google ads and other Google marketing tools.
If you’re looking to create a quick and engaging video portolfio, go for Site123. It is the most comfortable option for all of them. That’s because it’s easier to use and does not require much work as the other options.
- Site123 has a user-friendly interface.
- It can be used by creative agencies and individuals that are just stepping into the business and do not want to rush into anything complicated.
- The templates that Site123 offers are simple and do not require a lot of editing.
- These templates are basically for those who are starting to get a hold of the concept of online video portfolios and do not want to get into something even remotely complicated.
- The contact forms can be edited and customized according to need. They can connect third-party applications to gather all the data, which later analyze it according to need.
- The only downside is that it has a 100 MB restriction, which is significantly less for a video and causes you problems.
All of the different options mentioned above have a free version and then have paid plans. In case you are not okay with a free feature, you can always buy one of their plans as per your need.
So, go ahead and try making your customized video portfolios for your agency through the options that we have mentioned above.
If you have used these tools before and have any suggestions, mention them in the comments below, and also if you happen to know of any better tool for creating video portfolios, let us know, and we will indeed review them as well.