Want to become GoVisually’s guest blogger?
Hello there! Welcome to GoVisually!
Thank you for showing interest in writing a guest blog for GoVisually. We’re happy that you want to write for us.
Safe to say that content is the biggest (and the most organic) digital game changer. That is why we want to make sure that you’re just as serious about it as we are – so let’s get you started!
The #1 online proofing software – GoVisually’s Blog has thousands of monthly visits and growing fast, and we’re always open to more brilliant contributors who want to write for us..
So, if your writing style matches ours, and you have something exceptional to share, or would like to share your expertise with a large audience of designers, business owners, marketers, videomakers, and project managers, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page — it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
Get to know the audience you’ll be writing for
GoVisually community is full of an international crowd of designers, business owners, marketers and project managers looking to make their work easier and better!
And our blog helps them achieve that with tips and insights into trends, ideas, and steps they can take to improve efficiency.
Our blog is geared towards anyone looking for insights and best practices in the design, video, marketing, and online proofing niche.
What topics or themes can you write about?
We strongly believe that successful guest contributions are comprehensive, great researchers, and data-driven. That is why, we’d want you to make sure that you don’t pitch us anything that we’ve already covered on our blog.
To make it easier, here are the general six categories we accept submissions for:
- Design Resources
- Marketing and Branding
- Online Proofing
- Remote Work
- Video Resources
- Visual Inspiration
Apart from these, we’re also interested in publishing any topic that marketers, project managers, and designers can find value in. This can include things like remote team development, writing, design, and larger internet trends.
What submissions we won’t accept
Here’s a list of the things that we won’t accept so please avoid them at all costs:
- Any topic or closely related theme that’s already been covered and published on our blog. We’d advise you to do a complete search of our blog before you pitch.
- Anything that may be classified as a link-building scheme or a scam.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company and organization and doesn’t add value for our readers.
- Anything that’s too politically charged, overly critical, offensive or inaccurate – we want to add value not take it away.
- Anything that’s been previously published.
- Our content team will review your submission and it’ll only be accepted if it meets our quality standards. Furthermore, your content might go through edits before we post the final version.
- To avoid content duplication, we cannot permit you to post the same guest post that you write for us on another medium.
- Team GoVisually reserves the right to publicize your content as we deem fit. This includes (but not limited to) our social media channels. We reserve the right to add our own promotional content as part of the blog’s structure. For instance, ads for our newsletters within the content piece.
Our writing guidelines
Here are a few important pointers to keep in mind when making a pitch:
- Ideally, we’d love for your article to reflect the writing style and tone of our blog. We don’t like fluffy content. Try to stay helpful, informative and casual.
- We’d love for you to properly cite sources whenever you’re quoting an important statistic or study to avoid any problem.
- Please refrain from adding more than one link to your company’s website.
- Please add at least 2-4 relevant links to other pieces from GoVisually’s blog.
- For instance, if you’re writing under the Marketing category, you can search for similar content within that category in our blog and link to it.
- Submit your guest posts via editable Google Docs so we can review and edit it easily.
- Make sure that your piece is between 1,500 – 2,500 words.
- Your work should be original and not a derivative of an existing content. Please check it on tools like Copyscape to avoid plagiarism.
- We’re keen on adding visual data to support the content so make sure you add stats and supporting images.
- Cite images and/or facts properly.
- Use sentence case for headings
How to submit a GoVisually guest blogging post
Conduct a proper website search to ensure that you’re pitching an idea/theme that’s not already covered.
- A short bio (2-3 sentences)
- Link(s) to your website and social media accounts
- Your content topic for the guest post accompanied with a brief outline
- The subject of your email should be “Guest Post Pitch [Tentative title of the content]
You can start working on your guest post once the brief has been approved.
Format your post correctly.
This would include:
- Using proper heading format of H1, H2, H3 and so on (wherever applicable)
- Using sentence case for headings.
- Adding metadata and alt titles properly.
- Keeping the blog content simple, actionable and clear.
- Writing shorter sentences. And keeping the paragraphs short too for easier readability.
- Adding bulleted and numbered lists when you can to break the chunks in your copy.
- Adding an introduction and a conclusion. But keep it short.
- Adding the image source with it.